Monday 1 February 2016

Why Travel?

So I understand that this blog post is a little on the late side but hopefully you'll still enjoy the read. 

I've been thinking recently about why I want to travel and why so many people are choosing to ditch their well paid jobs in order to travel the world, a word that is so often closely linked with travel is escape and I think that's the key. 


I used to think that I wanted to travel to meet new people, experience new places and to try new things and of course that still is a massive part of it but there's something more and I find it hard to talk about that part sometimes. 

People say you can't run away from your problems which is true in some ways. Ironically though people always say that a fresh start is good, and that's true in some ways too. I tend to want to travel (or escape) more when I get down, when I hit one of those lows where I just want to get away from everything and don't look back. Of course, the passion for travel is still there on those high points but I crave it more on the low ones. 


I guess all this is a little confusing and a little hard to explain. I love travel, I'm sure I always will and I'm sure that to an extent it will always be a part of my life. People travel for a variety of different reasons, for many people my age you hear it's because they want to 'find themselves', a concept I haven't really ever understood but I admire them anyhow. 

To travel is a beautiful experience whatever the reason may be and something that has created many memories for me. 

What's your reasons for travelling? 

X~Jess~X

No comments:

Post a Comment