Thursday 21 January 2016

10 ways to combat January blues

It probably won't surprise many of you to know (if you didn't already) that this Monday was referred to as 'blue monday'. The foggy days, freezing temperatures, pressures of work and general gloom of January makes it tempting to jump on the next plane to somewhere warmer. I've come up with a few ways to try and help combat these January blues. 



1. Get into a good book
There's so many good books on the market at the moment, I've been meaning to read The girl on the train for a while now but just haven't got round to it yet. 

2. Meet up with friends 
Nothing makes me feel better like seeing the people I'm close to. Whether that's meeting for a meal, going to the cinema or organising a shopping trip getting out of the house for a few hours is almost guaranteed to make you feel better. 

3. Have a warm bath with your favourite products 
One of my favourite things to do on those cold winter nights is to have a long warm soak in the bath with my favourite bath bomb. It makes you feel relaxed, calm and ultimately refreshed. 

4. Plan your Summer
This is however a method which will give you serious wanderlust and will make you crave those Summer days again, however, I don't believe it's ever too early to start planning;)

5. Have a clear out
It's a method that won't work for everyone. I regularly go through my wardrobe and find things I don't wear anymore that could be better used on Depop and there's a ton of stuff in the garage that could definitely do with going on gumtree. This might seem a tedious task but something which could earn you a little bit of extra money at the same time. 

What are you doing to feel better during January? 

X~Jess~X

No comments:

Post a Comment