Monday 21 November 2016

A healthy morning routine

I believe having some sort of routine in the mornings is an important factor in having a good day. When I wake up in the morning, I pretty much know within the first hour whether or not it's going to be a good day. Mostly, it's dependent on whether or not I've had enough sleep, how my relationships are and how stressed I am. If I have enough sleep, I'm comfortable with the way all my relationships are and I'm keeping stress to a minimum then I feel as though I do have a better day and ultimately a better week. Here are a few things that I want to aim for within the next month (and hope to continue with) to see if they have an impact.

 
 
 
 
Wake up early


If you wake up early then you can get the most out of the day. This can be helped also by having time to eat a good breakfast to start the day with and I think drinking water can also help to hydrate you for the day ahead. If you can walk to work, then this helps maintain a healthy lifestyle although I won't be walking to work myself as it is too far from where I live (I'd never get there in time!).


Listen to music

I enjoy listening to music on the radio in the car on the way to work as I believe a good song can really set you up for the day. Some people prefer to listen to more relaxing music whilst others like myself prefer the typically chart music and songs that are easy to sing along to, it starts the day off in a good mood especially on those miserable Monday mornings that we seem to be getting recently

Meditate

This is something I am really keen to try, there is a lot of research that indicates that meditation can be beneficial in dealing with stress and I think this is something that could be useful to me. It's something that I hope to try in the future and if I do notice a difference, am likely to be continuing with

Reading

One of the best and most simple ways that I dedicate time to myself is by getting into a good book. Sometimes it's good to just put down all the gadgets for a second and actually just appreciate the simplicity of words and how moving they can be. It's through this love of words that I tend to write poetry in order to express my emotions as the things I am able to write convey my emotions a lot more powerfully than anything I would ever be able to say in person


J x

No comments:

Post a Comment