Friday 9 September 2016

10 years from now...

It's easy to wonder what you'll be doing 10 years from now, it also might be a common interview question, where we create an answer about building a career because that's what they want to hear. But few of us may rarely stop to thing, where will I be 10 years from now? What do I want to achieve?
The truth is, nobody knows. Nobody can predict what life will be like in 10 years because it changes so rapidly. The upmost important thing is to set goals, make sure you know what you personally want to achieve and how you plan on getting there. Here's a five of my own personal goals on where I hope to be in 10 years.

1. Move into my own home
This ideally is something I want to achieve within the next 5 years with my boyfriend. I'd love for us to get our own place, not anywhere fancy but just to have moved out and taken that responsibility is really important to me.

2. TravelTravel is really important to me as I believe it can really change our mind set by engaging ourselves in new experiences and adventures. I hope to turn this blog into a predominantly travel based blog and I hope that through sheer passion and determination I am able to do that.

3. Start my own business
From an early age I have wanted to start my own event business and have been encouraged by organising several successful charity events previously. Not only do I want to do more of these events and hopefully make it an annual event, I also want to turn my passion for events into a business or at least have a job that I love within the events industry.

4. Grow and invest in my blogThis is something I have been meaning to do for a while and now that exams have finished I hope to be able to do this. I'd love to participate more in blog chats and comment on all of the lovely blog posts I read and I hope that by having more time I will be able to invest more in my blog.

5. Raise £5,000 for charitySince my operation at the age of 12 I have been passionate about raising money for charity. I have set my goal to raise £5,000 through varies events within the next five years. I don't think that this is impossible and think it is a reasonably set goal.

Some people write their goals down and bury them in a box to dig up 10 years later. I'm not going to do that with this but I hope that this blog will still be here so I can see how much things have changed, maybe I'll even have different goals by that point.


J x

6 comments:

  1. It is lovely to hear that you have hopes and dreams - fingers crossed they come true x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be interesting to sit down and write some realistic goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some very nice achievable goals set out

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea think I should sit down and set myself some goals

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you all the luck in the world in making your dreams come true :-)

    ReplyDelete