Sunday 1 April 2018

Switching off in Leeds

Hey Guys!

Happy Easter! It’s the 1st April already and I can’t believe how quickly this year is going. I’ve always really liked the quote “we don’t travel the escape life, we travel for life not to escape us”. It’s so true and something that doesn’t really set in until you experience how quickly life can change and how caught up in normal routine you can become. 

I’ve been blogging for a while now and I am always so thankful for the amazing opportunities that blogging has brought me. I’ve been lucky enough to work with hotels from Nottingham to Amsterdam and my passion for this has never once faltered. 

I have just got back from a lovely overnight trip in Leeds with my boyfriend and it was the first time in a while that I went without having the take loads of photos and without having to think about strategically planning a review and a series of social media posts, I could relax and that’s something that had been lacking on my previous trips somewhat. We went shopping, went to a comedy night, found a super cute cafe for breakfast and visited the royal armouries museum, it was great just strolling round the streets.

For this reason I tried to spend as little time as possible on my phone, I took a few photos but nowhere near as many as I would if I was writing a review and it was really refreshing. 

I learnt how important it is to sometimes just switch off and not have the pressure of what other people think but just to keep doing you! 

Make sure that you all get a bit of time for yourself this easter and spend time with those closest to you. 

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment